Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Counting the Days


I meant to do this yesterday (the 1st). Just wanted to show that I am trying to get into the spirit of things, but DANG, Christmas is really coming up on me fast. Here is one of the decorations I altered for the season. Since it starts at 1, I have to put it up now, but the rest of the decorations aren't going up just yet. Except for the outside, which we already have up. The neighborhood had a 'lighting' celebration last Saturday. Several of us helped put up lighted trees and such near the entrance and the fire station, then had a party to start off the season. It's a great way to show community spirit (and push some of us into getting ready!) On a positive note, I do have my cards made (and letter written), addressed, stamped and ready to mail!
Today, we are officially going out to do some Christmas shopping! We've picked up a few items here and there and ordered some off the internet, but today we'll get serious. I'm actually hoping to find some inspiration while we're out, 'cause I just don't have a clue what to get some of my family members.
I will report back to let you know if I had any luck; until then...

CHEERS

No comments:

Post a Comment